Friday 30 September 2011

In the back of the cupboard


It's that time of year when you start turning over the summer clothes to dig out the autumn/winter ones.  I found this which I knitted winter 2009.  It's knitted in Rowan Big Wool.  First time I have ever knitted anything that chunky.  Grows fast, but I don't find it a comfortable experience, rather hard work and I shan't do it again.

I had read that big wools can mess up your tension and that the fronts will tend to droop.  That's exactly what happened here.  I packed it away in disgust, but now I shall re-style it and wear it as if it's meant to be that way and use a scarf pin at the top, removing the button that is supposed to fasten it at the bottom.   
It's nice and warm and red is very 'in' this season.  And I've lost some weight, so I won't look quite so 'lumpy' in it.

2 comments:

pinkundine said...

It looks wonderfully cosy :) I quite like the way chunky yarns knit up so quickly, but I tend to stick to aran(worsted) weight because I'm quite short and really chunky stuff buries me!

BeHappyKnits said...

I love the creativity in reworking an old item that didn't work as originally knit! Way to go!