Wednesday 1 August 2012

Flowers of the Field

A jewelled patch of flowers on a drizzly morning
A couple of Saturdays ago I went for a long walk, first time in weeks.  It was drizzling, there was a rainbow, but I took a chance.  I was rewarded with more flowers than I have ever seen on the hill.  I found myself walking along with a big smile on my face.  I took masses of photographs and this one appeals to me because of the mix of species on one small patch of earth.

Among the ones I can name are Red Clover, Viper's Bugloss, Self Heal, Birdsfoot Trefoil and Hop Trefoil.

Pink, bright blue, purple, yellow and green.  What a range of colours to play with.

1 comments:

Lynn said...

This is just beautiful- what variety! I'm particularly interested in the one you call Self Heal- I'm going to try to track down some information on it.