Saturday 20 October 2012

Why do we do these things?


Why, oh Why, oh Why?
In the middle of everything else and the general knitting against the clock for Christmas, etc. I have suddenly taken it into my head to knit pumpkins.  Why do we do these things?  Now I'm planning a knitted bat.

Getting the 'carved' features right on the pumpkins is giving me a lot of trouble.  It was all going swimmingly up to that point.  I battled with them at the Upstairs Stitchers at Beulah's Vintage Attic on Thursday night while Jan gloated over her finished pair of socks, (first socks she has ever made) and the lovely Tina and Sarah made their small fabric goodies - flowery tea cosies, danglies for the Christmas tree and clip on flowers.

This is not my work
Lots of Loveliness - Part of Tina and Sarah's stand at Beulah's
Colours in this picture slightly washed out as it was late and lighting was tricky.
The stand is much brighter than this.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Great looking pumpkins and yes, why do we do that to ourselves? All too often, even though I am keen to see a project finished I start on something else. Fertile minds I guess.
Love the flowers ..they are very attractive and look beautifully crafted.