Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Year's Day - hope you had a good one

Yvette - the sleek and lovely Citroen Traction Avant
We went to a car show in West Sussex on New Year's Day and really enjoyed ourselves.  Only a little informal gathering outside a pub.  The Citroen Traction Avant is one of my favourites and I was pleased to see a late model.  These were made from 1934 for many years, so stylish, so French.  They were used by both the Gestapo and the Resistance.  This one is called Yvette and is a bit of a film star.

The Peugeot 402
In spite of my love for the Citroen, my selected 'Car of the Show' was this Peugeot 402.  I've never seen one before and I would go all the way back to West Sussex in the rain to see it again.
Looks like it might have been made from three different cars, but it still works for me
Deco trim on the rear wheel arch - if you look closely you can see
the head of a big cat echoing  the mascot on the bonnet
Front indicator light - look at that beautifully moulded glass
Flowing Lines
On the drive down, I managed to knit a wrist warmer in Sirdar Persia.  Not a particularly enjoyable yarn to knit with, but comes in some good colours.  I've completed a beret, a wrist warmer and am about to start a scarf for the full set.  All from stash.  Yay!

0 comments: