Wednesday 5 September 2012

Beaker Button



When this is finished it will be called the Autumnale Scarf
and I will try to take a better picture of it
On Friday I went to Beaker Button at the Weyhill Craft Centre near Andover. I've blogged about it before, but I don't go often enough.  What a lovely shop with lots going on. There is something for everyone with locally sourced (and some exotic) yarn in natural fibres as well as some acrylic for those who can’t do wool. Lovely atmosphere and lots of fresh ideas.
Check out the website for events and classes
Beaker Button
I am currently knitting a sort of jabot scarf thing with a fluffy end.  I bought the main yarn at Beaker Button last time I went and I'm knitting it up in double moss stitch.  It's Patons Colourworks and it goes through fiery red to plum.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  The fluffy bit is half a ball of Patons Softy that I found at the back of the cupboard and it picks up all the rusts and plums - amazing - two things in my stash actually work together.


0 comments: